Saturday, 23 June 2012

Versatile Blogger Award



I'm very excited to say that Dandelion Daydreams has been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award.

How happy am I!?!?!

It's such an unexpected honour to receive another award for my ickle blog.  I am so happy to be a small part of the blogging community and its such encouragement for another blogger to think enough of my Daydreams to put me forward.  

Thank you so much to Jaysmonkey.  What a gorgeous blog and Folksy shop Stef has - check out that Bee necklace! I think I probably {need} one of those!!


You can find the VBA Rules here.  This Award has a whole blog all to itself.

As part of the Award, I have to post 7 {interesting} things about myself and nominated 15 other amazing bloggers.  So here goes:-

Seven Random Things About Me

1.  I am an expert at gargling.  Yep, you read that correctly - I love to gargle.  I can gargle the National Anthem, Happy Birthday or any other tune you care to request!!!

2.  My favourite time of the day is... Navy Blue.  That time just after dusk but before full on darkness descends. Navy Blue time is the best.

3.  I taught myself how to stop a sneeze - by pretend coughing instead; very useful when driving.

4.  For years, I was petrified of my sewing machine.  I couldn't even thread the needle!!  and I thought changing the foot was something you had to take it to the shop to do.  It sat unused, as the world's most expensive doorstop, circa. 1999-2010.

5.  My favourite town place in the world is right on my doorstep - Hastings Old Town.

Source: The Telegraph
Its full of higgledy piggledy streets; there are secret passageways; unusual houses and charm a plenty but there is also character and life oozing out of every nook and cranny.  One of the net huts is home to the most amazing fish and chips restaurant.  And there is a funicular railway too! Not a vernacular one - as I wrote in my first draft by mistake ROFL!!!
Hastings East Hill cliff railway
Source: Lucy Paintbox
Source: WikiTravel
6.  I try to practice Out Of Time Dancing whenever and wherever possible.  It's much harder than you think to dance out of time to the music on purpose.  Singing out of time comes a close second to things that I like to waste my spare seconds doing.

7.  This Sunday I am going to the National Quilt Championships in Sandown, Esher with my local Quilting Guild.  


My Nominees, in no particular order, are as follows:


I will tag them all later today and I can't wait to hear their 7 random things.

Cheerio for now
Liz 
xxxx

3 comments:

  1. So is a vernacular railway a well spoken funicular one? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award and thanks for nominating my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Liz, and thanks so much for the nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.