Thursday, 10 October 2013

Linky Party

I'm currently buried underneath a poorly boy... so please excuse me today.

Earlier in the week, I started work on my bee blocks using some truly gorgeous fabric sent from Carol.  I was pressing an inset circle when this happened...

Untitled

Yep! that is the carpet... right in the middle of my kitchen diner!!

It occurred in what can only be described as  *Lara Croft* style action; as I put the iron down, it tipped forward and was destined for either my arm or the bee fabric *sharp intake of breath* but I managed to kick the ironing board and send the iron flying through the air whereupon it landed face down and promptly welded itself to the carpet.  Needless to say neither carpet nor iron are looking their best.

There has also been a slight porridge incident but I will spare you the ugly details of that for today.

If you've had a better week... well you know what to do...




17 comments:

  1. Oh Shizzle!!! Have done that myself & it's a cow to get off the iron. I may have gone & bought a new one but I will never admit it!! LOL
    Time for a nice area rug :)
    Cheers
    Lush x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack!!! New rug purchase on the horizon by any chance?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn - call the insurance company and see what they say!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Liz! What can I say , I do hope your insurance company covers it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh crap, but you describe the incident with great hilarity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That'll be you off to the rug shop this weekend then?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the poorly boy and that burnt carpet. There is nothing I can say to make that burn better. What a bummer. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh crap. What a week you've had. Next week can only get better. Hope your boy does too. Nice rug over the carpet burn and you'll be good to go x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Balls! At least it didn't get your arm though! I have also been spending much time under a poorly/knackered boy. I hope he feels better soon :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear! Total bummer. Sadly I had to laugh. Please forgive me, it is pretty bad laughing at someone else's misfortunes, but your lovely graphic language set my imagination flying. Hope today is better. Cyber hugs from DownUnder

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew the bees were in trouble this year but thank goodness for your Lara Croft agility and skill to avert a crisis. Shame the carpet had to take one for the bees but hey - at least you and the little ones were unhurt. The other day I bent down to switch the iron off and clipped the edge of the hotplate with my face' knocking the iron onto the carpet plate down. One scorched carpet and my workmates calling me 'scar face' and 'iron woman' for a couple of weeks until the scar faded. It could've been worse though - they could've called me 'iron MAN'!! Glad you are unhurt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! I prescribe a beautiful inset rug...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, sounds like your kung fu skills are as sharp as a tack though Liz :) Hope your boy is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pain about the carpet burn! I saw this Man Ray photo at http://historicallymodernquilts.blogspot.co.uk/ this morning and thought of you! I have had near misses as my sewing room upstairs has a similar carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeek! Oh well, Ikea sell good rugs. I have a few.. *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope the little guy is on the mend x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no that's such a pain In the ass. Hope your little guy is feeling better

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.