Thursday, 3 October 2013

New Quilt News and Link Up

I've started on a new quilt.

It was definitely time to use the gorgeous rainbow charms from the Fluffy Sheep charm swap.

Untitled

My Aunt asked if I could make her a bigger quilt and she loves colour, so I thought it could make the perfect combination.

Untitled

There were 8 colour groups in the rainbow swap, so I also used charms from the text swap to make up a simple 9-patch.


Untitled

This is as far as I have got.

But hopefully I will get it finished quickly because its definitely getting chillier here and snuggles await it!

Anyway, enough about me... what have you been up to this week?????


14 comments:

  1. those rainbow and text charms are a perfect match!!! It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabrics do look wonderful together. A good choice. And certainly very vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had better fess up and say mine are still in a pile! I used a couple of them for something (I forget what now) but I honestly don't have a clue what I will do with them, they're sort of like my "fancy scraps" for fancy scrap projects rather than the boring ones in the drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your aunt is a lucky lady! This is going to be such a bright & cheery quilt. Perfect for warming her up as the weather gets colder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love a rainbow quilt, these blocks look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I've used some of mine, but still got more for another project...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is looking very bright and cheerful Liz. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to be a lovely quilt to brighten the winter nights ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a post to link up but your rainbow quilt is fabulous! Can't wait to see it finished :-)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops I was too late for this week. Your quilt is gonna be fab #obvs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! This is going to be adorable quilt! I love all those happy colours and lovely prints! Lucky aunt! x Teje

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.