Saturday, 2 November 2013

So, Breaking Bad Has Finished and Now I Have Time To Sew Again!

Yo, Sewistas!

I have been temporarily distracted by Jessie Pinkman and Walter White {from that show everyone has been on about Breaking Bad} but now the final credits have rolled, I am back on the sewing bandwagon with a vengeance.  I'm missing my daily dose of Saul Goodman but it feels great to back in the land of fabricness and cotton reels.

I still have my Aunt's quilt to finish - it needs sandwiching and quilting - but I wanted to get my bee commitments completed as early in the month as possible so I have spent the day making both sets of blocks.  They're quite similar block choices and both right up my street.

First up... Mo Stash for the lovely Jo,  she asked us to make Modern Halves blocks using Don't Call Me Betsy's magnificent tutorial which was featured over at Moda Bakeshop.


Mo Stash November blocks

Mo Stash November blocks

Mo Stash November blocks

Next up were scrappy string half square triangles for Hilly Filly from the FQR Quilt Bee.  We used this tutorial from the Blooming Poppies site.  The fabric parcel only arrived at 10am this morning and these beauts were all sewn up by 2pm! now that is a record for me!!



FQR Quilt Bee November blocks


FQR Quilt Bee November blocks

Stringy half squarey triangles of loveliness.

It's such a rarity for me to have my bee blocks done so early in the month, so please excuse me whilst I dance the funky chicken in celebration!

Hope you are having a productive weekend too.
Liz
xxxx

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Loving your funky chicken stylie, miss! I got my fabric too, but I haven't even opened the packet yet! Lovely blocks all 'round -mwah XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your work and your dance moves! I'm like Jojo - that parcel is staying closed for a few more days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving those stringy half square triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for my parcel impatiently so I can get ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these blocks. The reverse string is a stunner and a great block to alternate with the string one. Nice work Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled that these gorgeous strings are coming home to me... and I haven't even done my own practice block yet... (blushes!!) Thank you Liz... - Take the rest of the month off..! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. and I love those Modern Halves blocks too... one for the 'Whenever' file...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's now nigh-time on the 3rd and I haven't made anything Bee related - and I am usually done by now :(
    Yours look great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weel done!
    Those half square strings are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like those scrappy HSTs! Great idea for a bee block.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.